Need some advice?

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Top 5 Bath and Body Works Scents

I admit it: I am not-too-secretly addicted to Bath and Body Works. I mean, how can I resist it?! No matter what mall I'm in, its cheery window displays, constant sales, and high quality products constantly draw me in. It doesn't matter that I already have a HUGE amount of shower gels, body lotions, antibacterial gels, or hand soap sitting in a ginormous Bath and Body Works (BBW) bag at home. Even if I was swimming in Bath and Body Works products at home, I still don't think I'd be able to resist 'just popping in'.

So, obviously, over the years as a BBW addict, I've tried out practically every scent they've ever added to their Signature Collection line. This line is carried all year round, regardless of the season or holidays, and each scent definitely has unique characteristics that make it stand out. Most of the collection starts at $5.00 for a travel-sized bottle of lotion, body spray, or shower gel and runs up to $29.50 for an Eau de Toilette. However, the regular sized bottles of lotion and shower gel (8 fl oz) are only $10.50 each and BBW regularly runs a Buy 2, Get 1 Free/Buy 3, Get 2 Free offer as well as a Mix and Match:3 for $10 offer on travel-sized products. All great deals, if you ask me :-)

But I've definitely picked out my favorite scents from the line. And while I enjoy almost all of them at some point, these five are -- in my humble opinion -- the very best that BBW has to offer.
From L to R: Orange Sapphire, Sweet Pea, Twilight Woods, Midnight Pomegranate, Dark Kiss
And, yes, I finally learned how to flip pictures. Yayy!


1) Orange Sapphire: A very energizing scent! It says "Wake up! Time to take on the world today!!" I love to use it after an all-nighter or intense study session because it's a refreshing citrus with a bit of spice to it, so it makes you feel pumped. I find it to be pretty unisex, meaning it isn't too sweet nor too musky: just the perfect, natural balance appropriate for men and women to use.


2) Sweet Pea: Sweet, floral scent. Very innocent and clean, though, which I love because too often I find that floral scents smell heavy and too rose-y. This scent is soft and subtle and doesn't seem to hang on your skin, but instead floats about you like a pretty pink, girly cloud. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this to men, but I think they'd find it appealing on their girlfriend or wife.


3) Twilight Woods: My all-time FAVORITE scent ever to be produced at BBW (and it has nothing to do with the name)! This is a deliciously sugary-spicy scent that makes me think of a girl spritzing on some of her boyfriend's cologne if she was in a hurry to get somewhere. It's a multi-layer scent that develops smoothly on the skin. The most obvious tone to me is amber, which is fabulously sexy, but not too over-the-top. I own almost every product BBW has ever made with this scent: shower gel, body lotion, shimmering body lotion, shower cream, body mist, room spray, and home fragrance oil. And, in case you didn't already know, BBW recently introduced a men's version of this scent, which smells similar to the original, but less sweet and more musky. My boyfriend is a huge fan of it and I think it smells fantastic on him. He knows to expect a big bottle of it for Christmas!


4)Midnight Pomegranate: Another extremely sexy scent. Midnight Pomegranate is fruity (clearly) and spicy with some hints of musk. Although it can seem a bit playful, I really do view this as one of the more mature scents BBW offers and I think it's actually appropriate for older women. I've discovered over the years that this scent in particular remains on the skin for quite some time (in a good way! I hate scents that wear off after two or three hours). I would highly recommend it, particularly for someone who's on the go quite a bit because you won't need to frequently reapply.


5) Dark Kiss: The newest addition to BBW's Signature Collection, this scent is a bit more wintery and makes me think of lavish holiday parties. It has a rich berry overtone with a little bit of sugar and a whole lot of spice. I think it's the perfect moisturizer to use before a winter formal or Christmas party because the rich formula blends so nicely with the rich, sugary scent, creating a Sugarplum Fairy-inspired scent. Add some shimmery powder and you're good to go!

What's your favorite scent from the BBW Signature Collection? Do you have a top 5 like me? If so, post it in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Twilight Woods and I also like Midnight Pomegranate. My favorite is Sensual Amber though, but Twilight Woods is a close second. I need to go shopping at BBW soon! =]

    ReplyDelete