Need some advice?

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Battle of the Brands: The Search for the Perfect Mascara - Sexy Curves Mascara by Rimmel London

The Battle wages on! Today is day three of my Search for the Perfect Mascara and I have previously reviewed Revlon's Fabulash Mascara and Falsies Mascara by Maybelline.

Rimmel London's Sexy Curves Waterproof Mascara in Black (001) is $7.50 at Ulta.

Unlike Revlon's and Maybelline's Mascaras, Rimmel's has a rubbery silicone applicator and not the classic bristles found on most mascaras. Here's what it looks like...
I'm not really sure why they made it this way, but maybe it's more sanitary because it's easier to clean? This is also a waterproof formula, so let's see how that holds up!

10:00 AM
My eyelashes still felt like they had some residue on them from yesterday's experiment, but I decided to apply this mascara anyway. The applicator was nice and definitely grabbed each lash, but it seemed to pull a bit (maybe because of that darned residue?). It also seemed to take forever to dry (at least 2 minutes). Still, I think it looks rather nice..
11:30 AM
WTF?! This formula is not holding a curl at all. Isn't supposed to because it's called Sexy Curves?! Hmph.... Guess I'll have to go break out the eyelash curler.

12:30 PM
Well, this formula is DEFINITELY waterproof. That's good, right? And since I've recurled my lashes, they seem to be holding the curl. Yay!

3:30 PM
Still looking awesome. I think this mascara gives the perfect amount of definition for day time. It's not too full or dramatic, just a nice way to bring attention to your eyes.

7:30 Pm
I think I'm in love. The bottle is even cute :)
I mean, how adorable is that?! It's such a lovely shade of blue and the reflective packaging makes it look a bit more upscale because it's so shiny.

1:00 AM
This mascara came off with gentle rubbing at the lashes while I was in the shower with a bit of makeup remover and soap: not bad at all! Thankfully, my lashes feel residue free, so I should be ready to try Covergirl's LashBlast in the morning =)

Right now, I'm totally loving this mascara. It did everything I'd want my everyday mascara to do and looked really pretty. No major complaints other than that I had to recurl my lashes, but that's no biggie. It's waterproof power is DEFINITELY impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment