Need some advice?

Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy (Belated) Halloween! My Makeup Look for Halloween

To celebrate Halloween (and kick off homecoming) this year, my boyfriend and I attended Ludacris's FREE concert at our university with thousands of other students. We had a blast getting into the school spirit, but because it was on Halloween, we decided to attend in our costumes. My lovely boyfriend and I were Musketeers. Here is my costume and makeup design with instructions for anyone who might want to recreate it for another holiday or costume party. Enjoy!

Eyes: For this look, I basically did the same eyeshadow I did for the Rocky Horror makeup tutorial, but instead of black shadow in the center, I used purple. This made the eye softer and more feminine, which complimented the flirty black dress. I lined both my upper and lower waterlines to make the eyes more sultry and then added a volumizing mascara. I didn't wing my eyeliner out, but you can to make the eyes more dramatic.

Face: Definitely do concealer after you do your eyeshadow because it'll keep fallout bits from collecting and making your undereyes look dark and heavy. I used a dark bronzer (again) to contour the face and a rosy blush to give my cheeks a natural flush.

Lips: I chose to do my lips in a pinky-berry color to make it look more flirty and natural. You could do a red lip for an evening look, but since the concert festivities started in the afternoon, I wanted my makeup to be appropriate for day time. Once again, I used the same techniques from the Rocky Horror tutorial.

Hair: I separated my bangs out and then French braided my hair to keep it nice with my hat on. After finishing the braid, I straightened my bangs and tucked them behind my ears, securing longer strands with a small bobby pin. Lots of hairspray was used to prevent fly-aways!!

1 comment: