Need some advice?

Friday, November 12, 2010

Get the Look: Hot Pink Lips

For the most part, I tend to rock a neutral look during the day. Recently, however, I've been a fan of neutral eyes with a bright lip. In order to attain this look, you'll need a peachy or champagne-colored eyeshadow, tight lined eyes, and a really bright, highly pigmented lipstick.

As you saw a few days ago, I recently acquired a Fuchsia glitter gloss from Sephora, and honestly, I'm in love with it. Hot pink lips look flawless on all skin tones because they are not a commonly occurring color that looks feminine and flirty on everyone. This look was inspired by the gloss and centered around it!

Eyes: For this look, I wanted all of the attention to focus on my lips, so I did a very neutral -- almost naked -- eye. I used two shimmery neutral shades: one in peach and one in champagne.
I used the champagne tone in the bottom left corner and the peach tone in the center of the palette.

Apply the champagne all over the lid and the peach to the very center. Next, tight line your upper lid with black liner. You can then leave the bottom lid alone, tight line it in black, or tight line it in a bright purple to make the whites of your eyes pop.

Lips: Apply a hot pink or "Barbie" pink lipstick to your lips, taking care to highlight the cupids bow.
Blot your lips to remove any glossiness or metallic tones from the lipstick itself. Once your lips are sufficiently matte, apply your hot pink, glitzy lipgloss.
By applying the lipgloss on top of mattified lipstick, your gloss is going to stay on longer and your lip color will last much better.

And there you have it: a gorgeous bold lip look that takes less than 5 minutes to accomplish. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment