Need some advice?

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Get the Look: Pretty in Pink (and Purple!)

Berry tones are always popular in the fall and winter when it comes to makeup looks. It warms up the face (which could lose its natural tan) and helps your skin radiate with warmth.
Please excuse my messy hair and gym clothes. I was on my way to Tai-chi class but wanted to make sure I got a picture of my makeup before I worked out. :)


Eyes: For this look, I chose to feature purple eyeshadow, but you could really do a pink or warm maroon as well. After priming the lid, I took Wet n' Wild's eyeshadow in Kitten ($0.99 at Walgreens. What a steal!!) and applied it with a stiff, flat brush all over the lid. I really like this shadow because it has a gold shimmer running through it that, when the light hits it just right, makes it look like you actually applied two eyeshadows: a purple as a base and a gold on top. After packing on the eyeshadow to reduce fall-out, take a fluffy dome brush and blend out the edges into your crease. You can add a highlight on your brow bones and in the inner corner of your eyes with a silver eyeshadow if you want. Apply concealer AFTER your eyeshadow in case of fall-out from the purple shadow that would make any under-eye circles look darker and more apparent.

Lips: I'm loving lipstains at the moment because the require minimal upkeep throughout the day and give your lips a gorgeous color for quite some time. For this look, I used Revlon's Just Bitten in Passion ($8.99 at CVS, but was on sale for buy one, get one 50% off), which gave my lips a delightful, berry-pink color. Make sure you apply a good lipbalm on top of the stain, though, because stains can dry out your lips: a major no-no for the winter. Revlon's lipstains come with a great balm on one end and the stain marker on the other.

Face: I would recommend a peach-tone blush for this look because any blush that's more pink or rosy will make your face look to red in the winter cold. A peach blush will still add a warm pink tone to your face, but won't look too over-done.


And there you have it: a pretty, girly look that is 100% perfect for everyday wear this winter. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment