Need some advice?

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Look What Arrived Today!


A Sephora haul! Yay!!

Most of the time, I can't afford to buy too, too much at Sephora because the prices are a tad bit expensive, but every year the store does what they call their Friends and Family Sale where you can 20% your entire purchase.

That's right. 20%! That's a heck of a lot off their products, especially when you're already shopping the sales and bargain items.

I've always wanted one of Sephora's Beauty in a Box sets simply because I love kits since they give you a great variety of products that work well together and suggestions on how to use it. This year, Sephora created four Beauty in a Box sets that would make great Halloween looks: a Vegas Showgirl, a Peacock, a Vampire, and a Devil. While I thought the vampire and devil kits looked great (especially the devil one, which had a black lipgloss I've been dieing to try!), I opted to go with the Vegas Showgirl and Peacock kits because I felt I would get more use out of them.

Anywho, the day after Halloween, these sets went from $26 all the way down to $10! What a deal! So, naturally, when I couldn't decide between either of them, I grabbed up both. After all, each was valued at over $50 and that's a GREAT deal for higher-end cosmetics. Plus, with the Family and Friends discount, the boxes were only $8 a piece. SWEET!!!

So, today, my Sephora box arrived. I was so excited to open it! And Sephora never lets you down with presentation. Even though I didn't order gift wrap, the kits were wrapped in the iconic red tissue paper and displayed like the crown jewels. Inside each kit, the items themselves were also wrapped in the red tissue (which I conveniently ripped to shreds in my excited state. Hehe..). Needless to say, I was impressed to find that the kits had full sized products in them, and not the little 'deluxe samples'/one time use products I thought would be in there. Both look uber fun, so here are my first impressions.


Vegas Showgirl: So far, I'm LOVING the lipgloss (it's the only thing I've really tried on). It's a gorgeous hot pink and full of glitter: totally glam. I find that it does stain your lips, which I'm a fan of since I hate reapplying makeup just shortly after i first apply it. The formula is smooth and silky -- not heavy at all -- and the doe-foot applicator feels more luxurious than most. Though I have not really used them yet, the shadows look gorgeous and are highly pigmented. The eyeliner is quite pretty, too, even though I just swatched it on my wrist. I have not sprayed the glitter yet, but I'm excited to! The only thing I wasn't an immediate fan of was the false lashes. Online, I couldn't tell that they had strands of glitter mixed into them. While I don't hate it, I think it kind of makes the lashes look tacky and I don't know if I'll really get to wear them very much. However, the over all kit looks fabu and I can't wait to really use the products!

Peacock: The lashes in this kit are to DIE for! So adorable!! I really love that you can apply as many or as little as you want to make the look yours. The eyeshadow combination is lovely... the dark green shadow is my favorite so far. These don't seem very pigmented, though, so I would recommend using a heavier hand with them. Again, the liner I swatched on my wrist looked beautiful, so that'll be exciting to use. The lipgloss -- although quite sheer -- smells deliciously sweet, so it should be pleasant to use. I also did not test the glitter spray in this kit.

Tomorrow, I should have at least one look tested, so I will let you know how it goes. The kits also come with little flaps in the front that provide instructions for a night look and day look for each kit.
Vegas Showgirl comes with a Colorful 9 Eyeshadow Palette in Forest Fantasy, Nano Eyeliner in Wild Spirit, Ultra Shine Lipgloss in Fuchsia, Silver Glitter Spray, and False Lashes. Above is the instruction flap!


The instructions on the Peacock kit tell you how to use the Colorful Eyeshadow Palette in Schizo, Super Shimmer Lipgloss Sugar Coat, Nano Eyeliner in Ladoon, Gold Glitter Spray, and False Eyelashes that come with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment