Need some advice?

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Welcome to beauty on the brain!

Where do I even begin?! First, I'd like to thank everyone who helped me along in the development of this blog. It took me a while to figure out exactly what I wanted to do, and you all were so helpful and patient. So, thanks!

For those of you who don't know me, let's go through some FAQ's so that you can get to know me and this fabulous blog =)

Who are you?
My name is Simone and I'm a college student in the southern United States. I'm not a makeup artist by any means, but I adore all things beauty and fashion related. I worked in fashion retail throughout high school and started my own cosmetic company last year.

So why are you writing this blog?
Maybe it's because the lovely people who work at my local Sephora know me by name or maybe because I'm the Imelda Marcos of lipgloss, but my friends of all ages feel that I'm the one to talk to about makeup. No, I don't know everything about cosmetics, but I'm happy to share what I do know!

What makes you different from other makeup blogs?
Let's face it... I am living on a college kid's budget. This means that my income goes to textbooks, cell phone bills, late night pizza parties, and lots of coffee. I don't have an extra $50 sitting around to buy a designer label blush. So I've had to learn how to buy makeup on a budget (read: for cheap!). And guess what?? It's not that hard!! As you'll see in this blog, I've found numerous brands and products that are complete dupes (or perfect copy-cats) for more expensive, upscale brands. Sure, there might be one splurge product featured once in a while, but for the majority of this blog, the cosmetics featured will be low-priced and widely available.

So strap on your beauty belts and let's get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment