Need some advice?

Monday, February 7, 2011

Masterclass Mondays: The "Everyday Gorgeous" look for Olive Tones

Whoot! Welcome to Masterclass Mondays, a new weekly series that will feature a look from Jemma Kidd's Makeup Masterclass book. Today, I tried out her everyday look that features colors that specifically flatter olive skin tones. Fret not if you aren't olive, though! I will do more of her looks each week!

According to Kidd, every day looks should be neutral and not highly noticeable. The more natural they look, the better. Therefore, this particular look involves almost-skin tone shadows and colors.
I apologize for the poor photo quality. For some reason, these pictures came out super blurry =/

Eyes: As per Kidd's instructions, I left my brows natural and applied a gold-beige shadow (UD's Naked from the Naked palette) all over the lids. This shadow is slightly darker than my natural skin color. To "intensify the color at the socket and outer corner of the eye", I applied a cocoa-brown color (Buck from the Naked Palette) and blended it up into the crease. Lastly, I curled my lashes and applied a black mascara.

Face: I applied a liquid concealer on my under-eye circles and around the corners of my nose which tend to get red. Then, I applied a light-weight liquid moisturizer and a little translucent powder from Clinique to blot up any excess shine. To add a little bit of color to my face, I lightly applied a peach-toned blush that wouldn't look too made-up.

Lips: I used a rose-toned SPF infused moisturizing lipstick (Kidd recommends a rose tinted lip balm, but I didn't have any) to round out the look.

My opinion: I think this is a great look for everyday usage, especially for high schoolers who are just starting to dabble in makeup or women who like to stick with a naturally beautiful look. I did add a brown eyeliner once I was done because I felt that my eyes sunk into my face otherwise, but overall it's definitely a look I could wear every day. Plus, to make it even more appealing, it only took me 7 minutes to do! How awesome is that?!

1 comment:

  1. You should do a post for vampirically (yes, I created a word) pale people! I'm open to modeling. lol But this looks great on you, and it's cool to see how you're using the Naked palette.

    ReplyDelete